Sitting at 9600′, Breckenridge Distillery is the highest distillery in the WORLD. With over 20 distilled products distributed globally, and a world-renowned Chef, this distillery is one you cannot miss!
Edited and republished December 16, 2021 by Laurel Coffman
Pizza. Yum… It just might be the best thing in the world. Baked cheesy goodness, robust sauce and crispy, chewy crust. What more could you really ask for?
Whether you like it thick or thin, cheesy or saucy, plain jane or loaded up, Breckenridge has a pizza you’ll love. We’re here to give you “the inside slice” about the best pizza in Breck. We asked locals about their favorite spot to grab a heavenly slice and this is what they had to say.
By the Slice: Yes – all day
Thick or Thin: Breckenridge Ale House offers thin crust, Jersey-style tomato pizza pie along with a gluten-free flatbread option.
The Cheese on Top: This is a great no-nonsense spot with simple, large pizzas to feed the whole family. Grab a seat at the bar and order one of their 120 oz. beer towers.
The Inside Slice: If you have a big appetite, this is the place for you! They offer a 24” Super Slice, 2-feet in length with a take home pizza cutter.
By the Slice: No
Thick or Thin: Tin Plate offers up their homemade thin sourdough crust.
The Cheese on Top: Upscale dining and pizza can go hand in hand. At Tin Plate, you’ll dine in a 138-year-old mining cabin while enjoying unique and flavorful pizzas. Made from locally sourced ingredients, try everything from the Pineapple Pancetta to the Fig & Prosciutto pizza.
The Inside Slice: Right next door to Tin Plate you’ll find Dynamite Cookies. Enjoy a freshly made signature cookie and pair it with a beer after your pizza (or before, we aren’t judging).
By the Slice: No
Thick or Thin: Thin crust, New York City-inspired, Neapolitan pizzas with a gluten free substitute available.
The Cheese on Top: Two words: vegan pizza. Yep, you read that right. All ingredients at Piante are 100% plant based and sustainably sourced. Pizzas with bold flavors like the Buffalo Soldier, made with buffalo cauliflower, will satisfy even the biggest meat lovers’ cravings.
The Inside Slice: For an extra special experience, book one of Piante’s Alpen Globes and enjoy private dining with panoramic views of the mountains.
By the Slice: Yes – all day
Thick or Thin: They offer a thin and crispy New York-style pizza as well as a Sicilian deep dish.
The Cheese on Top: Almost everyone we asked said Giam’s was hands down the best pizza in Breckenridge. They make everything in-house, including their pizza sauce, and the quality of ingredients really shines through. They’ve also expanded the dining room area to include more tables, a bar and a private dining room.
The Inside Slice: Pizza by the slice is perfect for a quick lunch. It’s always delicious, never too greasy and the crust is perfectly crisp!
By the Slice: Yes – during lunch from 11 am to 4 pm
Thick or Thin: You get the best of both worlds here. Fatty’s offers traditional and thin crust pizza. You can even choose between white or whole wheat dough.
The Cheese on Top: Fatty’s has big slices and a slice of cheese is only $3. When you add toppings, they don’t mess around. They load it up all the way to the crust.
The Inside Slice: There’s a reason it’s been around for so long; they’re fast, friendly, affordable and consistent.
By the Slice: Yes – all day
Thick or Thin: Northside offers thin, traditional hand-tossed, deep dish, and “Out of Bounds” crusts
The Cheese on Top: These guys are seriously creative. Even though they still offer all the traditional pizza topping options, you can get a little crazy with their signature pizzas. They are chock full of bold flavors that span green chiles to smoked bacon. If you’re looking for a fresh and delicious twist on pizza, you need to check out Northside.
The Inside Slice: The Out of Bounds crust option is where they load up on the toppings. They don’t hold back, they stack ‘em on all the way to the crust and then cut it up into squares. This option is perfect for families with children or big parties.
By the Slice: Yes – after 9 pm
Thick or Thin: They offer a traditional hand-tossed crust, but you still have a few options. You can choose between white, garlic white, wheat, garlic wheat, or gluten free
The Cheese on Top: Eric’s is the perfect spot to hit with the family after thrashing powder all day long. It’s a restaurant and bar with 29 flat screen HDTVs, 25 arcade games, 30 beers on tap and 50 beers by the bottle. The kids are sure to love all the games and you can kick back, unwind and watch the game with a beer.
The Inside Slice: The Garbage Pizza is definitely a local’s favorite. It’s the traditional “let’s-throw-everything-on-here” pizza and it is delicious. If you want to try something a little different, but equally enticing, check out the Arugula and Prosciutto Pizza.
Tip: For lodging within walking distance of these Breckenridge pizza joints, visit Grand Timber Lodge.
Choosing what to do or where to go on a date can sometimes be a little overwhelming. But hey, don’t sweat it – we’ve got you covered. Want to do something adrenaline-inducing? Got it. A fun night filled with drinks and music? You betcha. Something totally unique? Check. The Best of Breck team wants to share the love with you! Check out our top picks for an unforgettable time, night or day.
BE ADVENTUROUS 🌄
- Uphill Skiing at Breckenridge Ski Resort: No ski pass? No problem. You don’t need a pass to skin; just follow the designated routes up the mountain and enjoy fresh tracks on the way down! (Remember, safety first!)
- Snowmobile Tours: For the ultimate snowmobile experience, sign up for a half-day or full-day excursion and get ready for an unforgettable date.
- Dog Sledding: Looking for something that’s not so extreme? Mush a team of adorable huskies in the Rockies with your loved one! Enjoy the views, make new furry friends, and create memories that will last a lifetime.
- Snow Coach Tours: A heated snow coach is perfect for those who want to enjoy the beauty of the Rockies in style!
- Hut Trip: Feeling bold? Get a unique backcountry experience and skin/split-board to your destination hut!
ADD BOOZE 🍻
- Take a tour of Breckenridge Distillery. It includes a tasting of their award-winning bourbon, classic vodka, and gin, so this one is kind of a no-brainer!
- Grab 2 for 1 martinis at Cecilia’s Cocktail Bar & Nightclub! In addition to Breck’s longest happy hour (from 3 – 8 pm!), they also sport a full cigar room, and an impressive selection of over 60 different single malt scotches to beat the cold if martinis aren’t your thing! Garrett is our favorite bartender and makes a mean “Satan’s Soul Patch.” It’s a must-try (if you like bourbon).
- Grab a brew. Head over to Broken Compass Brewing and try the legendary Coconut Porter or the refreshing Ginger Pale Ale.
- Hit the club. Dance the night away to the DJ’s tune at Cecilia’s or Liquid Lounge.
- Listen to live music (with a drink in hand, of course) at places like The Historic Brown, Motherloaded Tavern, Rocky Mountain Underground and The Riverwalk Center.
GET ACTIVE 🎿
- Ski (or Snowboard), Duh! The ski resort boasts an endless variety of runs to accommodate every level of skier. From well-groomed greens to epic double-black diamond playgrounds, Breckenridge Ski Resort has a lot to love.
- Ridden Fat Bike and Brewery Tour: This is the perfect date idea for the adventurous couple! Get on a fat bike (any time of year!) and ride through town. Wake up those muscles, enjoy the cool mountain air, and end the day with a drink at Broken Compass Brewing or the Breckenridge Distillery.
- Snowshoeing or Cross-country Skiing: Guided or self-guided, snowshoeing or cross-country skiing are perfect ways to break a sweat and explore the beauty around you.
- Go for a Hike: Yes, you can go hiking in the winter!
BE ROMANTIC 💕
- Head over to the Speakeasy and catch the latest movie. (They serve beer and wine, too!)
- Take a sleigh ride up the ski slopes of Breckenridge Ski Resort, or take a ride through town, and enjoy the stunning view!
- Take a stroll down Main Street and check out the beautiful views, eclectic mix of shops, and lights!
- Get pampered at the spa with a couple’s treatment.
- Find a nice overlook in town (Boreas Pass, Breckenridge Overlook, The Lodge at Breckenridge, Sapphire Point Overlook or Hoosier Pass) and watch the sunset.
GET ARTSY 🎨
- Take a pottery or glassblowing class with BreckCreate.
- Check out an art exhibition or art festival like WAVE: Light + Water + Sound, Breckenridge International Festival of Arts, International Snow Sculpture Championships, or Street Arts Festival.*
- Go to a musical or comedy show at the Breckenridge Backstage Theatre.
- Test your painting skills at Ready, Paint, Fire!
- Watch a flick from the Summit Film Society at the Breck Film Fest.
Ready for an awesome date? Grab your loved one, get out there, and have FUN!
If you have little ones with you and are looking for a sitter while you go out on a date, click here for affordable child care options in Breckenridge.
The Breckenridge Wine Classic is BACK! Join us in Breckenridge this fall and sample from hundreds of high-end wines.
Up in Breck and not sure where to grab a bite to eat? Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered. From tacos & margs to steak & a bold Cab, we’ve surveyed locals around town for this insider info. Check out the “hot spots” in Breck that locals rave about!
Ready for a family adventure? Round up the kids, pack some snacks, water, and sunscreen, and prepare for an unforgettable day. This thrilling mountain adventure park at the base of Peak 8 will be the highlight of your summer!