What to do at Grand Timber Lodge
Planning a relaxing vacation can sometimes be stressful. To avoid feeling like you need a vacation to recover from your vacation once you’re back home, the Best of Breck team is here to help! In this blog, we’ll give you the inside scoop on what it’s like to stay at Grand Timber Lodge, along with some useful tips for planning your trip!
- Enjoy a scenic route to Snowflake Drive, where you will arrive at Grand Timber Lodge- your home away from home.
- During the summer, you have access to a variety of hiking and biking trails steps away from your door.
- Awaken your senses and be greeted with a smile by the front desk. There, you will receive your room key which will unlock all of the possibilities that Grand Timber Lodge offers.
- After you’ve checked in, stop by the Concierge for some dinner/activity recommendations!
- While you’re chatting with the concierge, be sure to reserve a private movie theater for the whole gang to enjoy together. You can view the list of 300+ movies here.
- The GTL Market is located in building one, next to the front desk, and is accessible 24 hours every day for anything from laundry detergent to snacks and candy!
- After you’ve settled into your new home, head to the Refresh Massage Studio or make an appointment online to book a special treatment. We recommend the hot stone massage!
- Avoid anymore traveling and grab a bite on the patio of the Boot Saloon.
- Wake up peacefully knowing you have an exciting stay in Breckenridge ahead of you.
- Soak in the gorgeous views from your one-bedroom unit as you warm up with a locally sourced cup of coffee or tea.
- Since you’re staying at 10,000 feet above sea level, get acclimated to the elevation and your surroundings. If you’re feeling the elevation, utilize the Bluebird Oxygen concentrator rental which can be booked here.
- Instead of hiking a 14er, go for a stroll through Cucumber Gulch—located under the gondola. Keep an eye out for beaver and moose as you hike through this wildlife preserve—and keep your distance!
- Enjoy staying just steps away from the ski lifts for ultimate convenience skiing!
- Before you head out, stop by the Activities Desk to book some fun entertainment! Be sure to inquire about activities the whole family can enjoy (such as candy sushi or grab-and-go waffled) or activities to go!
- Grab a bite at any of these delectable brunch spots. Blue River Bistro is our personal favorite.
- Be sure to inquire with Concierge about the complimentary resort shuttle that typically runs from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.—Uber can be hard to come by in the mountains. If you’ve found yourself a DD, here’s your parking guide.
- Somehow, it’s already day three of vacation; you’re feeling acclimated, you’ve been drinking plenty of water, and you’re ready to experience more of Breck!
- Fitness gurus can hit the gym (5 a.m. to 10 p.m.) and work up a sweat while the rest of us appropriately indulge.
- In the summer, our type 2 adventurers, hike, bike, raft, or zipline in the surrounding Summit County area.
- After an active morning, it might be nice to explore the resort and all the amenities it has to offer. Rain or shine, the kids can splash around at the indoor and outdoor pools, equipped with a waterslide and play area, while the adults enjoy the numerous hot tubs.
- Make a dinner plan! Check out these fine-dining restaurants downtown like Aurum or Hearthstone.
- For today’s agenda, we recommend a family adventure such as a low-elevation hike, paddleboarding in Maggie Pond, a scenic drive to Sapphire Point, or e-bikes along the rec path.
- On your way, be sure to green commute and avoid parking fees.
- Travel back in time and learn about the rich history of Breckenridge, beginning with the 1800s Gold Rush, and the evolution into the abundant ski resort we know and love today. The Town of Breckenridge offers a variety of free or low-cost history tours, ghost tours, and mining tours for all ages.
- Stroll through town for a souvenir, stop by Higgles for some locally made ice cream, and visit our friendly troll Isaak, for a quick photo op. We’ve made you a shopping guide for a few of our favorites!
- Soak in your last night at GTL and avoid long dinner waits by cooking out at the outdoor patio grills.
- In the blink of an eye, this dream vacation is coming to an end. After a peaceful night’s rest, squeeze in one last adventure before heading home.
- Check-out is at 10 a.m.
- Grab a quick bite to eat at Clint’s Bakery and Coffee House and enjoy one last meal by the river.
We hope you enjoy your stay! Check out the “Resort Features” page of the Grand Timber Lodge site for a more in-depth description of the amenities, operating hours, and locations so you and your family can make the most of this unforgettable getaway.