Don’t let the weather get you down on your next Breckenridge vacation. Instead, enjoy all of these fun indoor activities to stay entertained.
Tag Archive for: breckenridge winter activities
Dreaming of a winter vacation? Make sure you don’t miss out on the 50 best things to do in Breckenridge this winter!
Are you looking for a winter activity the entire family can enjoy to escape the hustle and bustle of the ski area? Perhaps a day of sledding in Breckenridge is just what you are looking for!
It may be a bit chilly outside, but that doesn’t mean you can’t shake those winter blues by playing in the snow right in downtown Breckenridge! What’s great about sledding is that you don’t need any fancy equipment — just pick up your sleds from the local City Market, bundle up in your snow gear, and head out for a Grand adventure!
Carter Park has a free walk-up, a sled-down hill located four blocks east of Main Street near the Breckenridge Elementary School. The sledding hill is wide, but it does get busy throughout the day, so make sure to plan ahead. The park offers stunning mountain views, bathroom facilities, and picnic tables where you can share a snack.
Don’t forget to bring your furry family members. In addition to the sledding hill, Carter Park has the largest dog park in town where your furry family member will be sure to make new friends.
Location: 300 S. High Street, Breckenridge, CO 80424
Runaway Sledding Hill
The new Runaway Sledding Hill is a walk-up man-made hill located off Airport Road on Fraction Drive. The hill is regularly groomed, and although there is no indoor warming hut, there are on-site porta-potties.
If you decide to buy a sled from our local City Market, there is a sled shed where you can donate the used sled for another guest to use!
Location: 1730 Airport Road, Breckenridge, CO 80424
Frisco Adventure Park
The Frisco Adventure Park tubing hill is made up of several lanes, with each lane having a different experience. There are some lanes that are less intense, while others are steeper with more rolling terrain. The tubing hill is accessible by a surface life, making it the ideal activity for the entire family.
Reservations are required! They can be made by calling 970-668-2558 or by clicking here.
Location: 621 Recreation Way, Frisco, CO 80443
Breckenridge is known for skiing and snowboarding but there are so many more activities beyond the slopes. If you’re looking for things to do in Breckenridge this winter, look no further! We’ve rounded up the best Breckenridge winter activities so you can spend less time planning and more time enjoying your winter getaway.
- Step outside and try a winter snowshoe hike at one of many trails on national forest land.
- Take a cross country ski lesson at the Breckenridge Nordic Center.
- Ice skate at the Grand Colorado on Peak 8 Ice Rink just steps from the slopes of Peak 8.
- Enjoy a scenic horse-drawn sleigh ride and dinner at Gold Run Nordic Center.
- Sip hot cocoa at Ullr Café after a full day of skiing.
- Make reservations for a private yurt dining experience at Aurum.
- Challenge your mind and book an escape room for the family at the Gr8 Escape Room.
- Go tubing at the Frisco Adventure Park
- Take a 6-mile dog sledding tour in the Swan River Valley.
- Explore the mountains on a guided snowmobiling tour.
- Hit the slopes and try skiing or snowboarding at Breckenridge Ski Resort.
- Pick up a sled and hit one of the free sledding hills in Breckenridge.
- Stroll the Trollstigen Trail and discover a 15-foot-tall wooden troll hidden in the forest.
- Catch a Breckenridge Vipers ice hockey game at the Stephen C. West Ice Arena.
- For the early birds: get your blood pumping and uphill ski on Breckenridge Ski Resort before the lifts start turning.
- Treat yourself and enjoy a spa service at Infinity Spa.
- Shop for the perfect gift on Main Street.
- Catch a movie and enjoy a beer at The Eclipse.
- Take a Fat Bike beer and distillery tour around Breckenridge with Ridden.
- Watch blocks of snow transform into intricate art at the International Snow Sculpture Championships.
If you’re ready to book your trip check out our Breck Deals for slopeside accommodations in Breckenridge!