50 Things To Do in Breckenridge this Winter
Dreaming of a winter vacation? Breckenridge is your answer. Apart from the world-class skiing of Breckenridge Ski Resort, you’ll find there is endless adventure off the mountain. From indoor arcade games to exploring the great outdoors via a monster truck sleigh ride, there is something to do everywhere you turn. This small mountain town is chock full of the activities winter vacations are made of. Make sure you don’t miss out on the 50 best things to do in Breckenridge this winter!
1. Ride the highest chairlift in North America, then ski three and a half miles all the way to town. 2. Step outside and try a winter snowshoe hike at one of many trails on national forest land.
3. Grab a doughnut and sausage roll at Daylight Donuts before hitting the slopes.
4. Walk Main Street at night and enjoy the holiday lights all winter long.
5. Take a cross country ski lesson at the Breckenridge Nordic Center.
6. If skiing isn’t your thing, give snowbiking a try for a unique experience on the mountain!
7. Ice skate at the Grand Colorado on Peak 8 Ice Rink just steps from the slopes of Peak 8.
9. Sip hot cocoa at Ullr Café after a full day of skiing.
10. Make reservations for a private yurt dining experience at Aurum.
11. Attend a play at the Breckenridge Backstage Theatre.
12. Grill your own s’mores tableside at the Motherloaded Tavern.
13. Challenge your mind and book an escape room for the family at the Gr8 Escape Room.
14. Warm up with homemade soup from SoupzOn
15. Shop for skis, listen to live music and enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail at RMU Outdoors.
16. Experience the great outdoors with a guided snowshoe tour.
17. Take a 6-mile dog sledding tour in the Swan River Valley.
18. Satisfy your sweet tooth at Mimi & Pin with a freshly made churro or waffle.
19. Stretch and restore at a yoga class with Meta Yoga.
20. Explore the mountains on a guided snowmobiling tour.
21. Stop by the Breckenridge Welcome Center Museum to learn about the town’s history.
22. Drink one of the best après ski cocktails in Breckenridge.
23. Hit the slopes and try skiing or snowboarding at Breckenridge Ski Resort.
24. Test your trivia knowledge on Wednesdays at Broken Compass Brewing‘s Main Street Taproom.
25. Pick up a sled and hit one of the free sledding hills in Breckenridge.
26. Explore the spooky side of Breckenridge on a ghost tour.
27. Indulge in a fondue dinner at the Swiss Haven Restaurant.
28. Take a half-day ice fishing trip on Lake Dillon.
29. Listen to live music at the Riverwalk Center.
30. Stroll the Trollstigen Trail and discover a 15-foot-tall wooden troll hidden in snowy forest.
31. Attend Ullr Fest in December and pray for snow with the locals.
32. Catch a Breckenridge Vipers ice hockey game at the Stephen C. West Ice Arena.
33. Drink a bloody mary slopeside at Robbie’s Tavern.
34. For the early birds: get your blood pumping and uphill ski on Breckenridge Ski Resort before the lifts start turning.
35. Ride the Gold Runner Alpine Coaster on the base of the mountain.
36. Get crafty with Frosted Flamingo, a mobile art studio that brings DIY to you.
37. Soak in the scenery on a monster truck sleigh tour with Country Boy Mine.
38. Grab a midday bite from Trolley Crepes, a classic trolley converted into a mobile Crepe Cart.
39. Treat yourself and enjoy a spa service at Infinity Spa.
40. Shop for the perfect gift on Main Street.
41. Take a step back in time at the oldest bar in Summit County, the Gold Pan Saloon.
42. Catch a movie and enjoy a beer at The Eclipse.
43. Spread holiday cheer and run in the Race of the Santas.
45. Take a Fat Bike Beer and Distillery Tour around Breckenridge with Ridden.
46. Watch blocks of snow transform into intricate art the International Snow Sculpture Championships.
47. Enjoy a happy hour warm up by indoor fireplace or outdoor fire pit at Blue Stag Saloon.
48. Don’t let the altitude get to you. Catch your breath at the O2 Lounge.
49. Purchase a day pass to the Breckenridge Recreation Center and sign up for a fitness class.
50. Take a scenic drive to Hoosier Pass and stand on the Continental Divide.