What to do at the Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Planning a trip is exhausting! You get home and feel as though you need a vacation from your vacation. Not this time! we want to make this stay as easy and enjoyable as possible, so we’ve given you an itinerary to help save some time and energy, but most of all, to help you make the absolute most out of this unforgettable escape.
- Bing** you receive a text message welcoming you to the Grand Colorado on Peak 8. If you need anything at all during your stay, don’t hesitate to reply!
- You’re heading down Highway 9, the scenery opens up to 3,000 acres of ski runs accessible from your backyard. During the winter months, GC8 is located right on the base of peak 8, making it the perfect winter lodging option.
- You drive under the gondola and up Ski Hill Road to arrive at the Grand Colorado on Peak 8, your home for the next week.
- Swing by the front desk for a quick and easy 4 p.m. check-in and receive your silicon room key in the form of a bracelet. Keep it close, as this will grant you access to all the amenities.
- After you’ve checked in, stop by Concierge for your parking pass, drink tokens, and welcome packet!
- While you’re chatting with the concierge, be sure to reserve a private movie theater for the whole gang to enjoy together. You can view the list of available movies here.
- The GC8 Market is located in building one, next to the front desk, and is accessible 24 hours every day for your one-stop-shop vacation needs!
- After you’ve settled into your new home, head down to Infinity Spa or make an appointment online to book your deep-tissue massage and facial. Personally, I’d book this for day 4–to relax the muscles and reset the mind after the exhilarating adventures. The day before you travel might be a good down day.
- Bundle up, and grab a bite on the patio of Robbie’s Tavern while you watch a fiery sunset engulf peak 8.
- Call it an early night so you can get some beauty rest and tackle the jetlag.
- Wake up feeling refreshed and ready to carpe that diem.
- Soak in the view from your private one-bedroom balcony with a cup of joe locally sourced.
- Make today a mellow day; you’re staying at 10,000 feet above sea level—get acclimated to the elevation and your surroundings. If you’re feeling the elevation, utilize the Bluebird Oxygen concentrator rental that delivers door-to-door! Check out their site here with the promo code “BGVten001”.
- Instead of hitting the powder, try snowshoeing through Cucumber Gulch—located under the gondola. Keep an eye out for beaver and moose as you hike through this wildlife preserve—and keep your distance!
- Before you head out, stop by the Activities Desk, across from the Front Desk, to book an escape room! Be sure to inquire about activities the whole family can enjoy (such as painting and beer tasting) or activities to go!
- Grab a bite at any of these delectable brunch spots.
- After a leisurely morning, it might be nice to explore the resort and all the amenities it has to offer. Snow or shine, the kids can splash around at the indoor and outdoor pools, equipped with a waterslide and play area, while the adults enjoy the numerous hot tubs of building one and building three.
- Make a dinner plan! Check out these fine-dining restaurants downtown.
- Stop by the Lobby Bar for a little aperitif before dinner in town and be sure to inquire with Concierge about the complimentary resort shuttle that typically runs 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.—Uber can be hard to come by in the mountains. If you’ve found yourself a DD, here’s your parking guide.
- Somehow, it’s already day three of vacation; you’re feeling acclimated, you’ve been drinking plenty of water, and you’re ready to get after it.
- Fitness gurus can hit the gym (5 a.m. to 10 p.m.) and work up a sweat on the peloton while the rest of us appropriately indulge on vacation. Head to Ullr Café for a quick bite, a cup of coffee, or perhaps a bloody mary…
- Take a break from the slopes and save some money with these free/affordable winter activities.
- If you’re looking for another way to enjoy the scenery, we recommend cross country skiing, fatbiking, or even dog sledding. Find more fun adventures here.
- After a successful day of adventure, send your kids to the Family Fun Center and head to the rooftop of Building 3, where you’ll find Elev8 Bar and Lounge –if you haven’t already, you can redeem your drink tokens here! Sip back, relax, and enjoy the view.
- Skip the wait for a table in town and grill out on the patios of Building 1 or 3. You can grab grilling utensils at the Front Desk!
- Choose between 300+ movies and finish the day from a reclining chair in your private movie theater.
- Travel back in time and learn about the rich history of Breckenridge, beginning with the 1800’s Gold Rush, and the evolution into the abundant ski resort we know and love today. The Town of Breckenridge offers a variety of free or low-cost history tours, ghost tours, and mining tours for all ages.
- Stroll through town for a souvenir, stop by Mimi + Pin for some hot cocoa, and visit our friendly troll Isaak for a quick photo op. We’ve made you a shopping guide for a few of our favorites!
- If you happen to be in town during these dates, be sure to check out the fun events that my be going on!
- Finish the night on property. While the kids are enthralled with the mystery of Ullr’s Escape Room, the adults can lounge by the grotto after a couple’s massage at Infinity Spa.
- And in the blink of an eye, this dream vacation is coming to an end.
- Check-out is at 10 a.m. You probably received another text message the night prior to assist in a streamlined checkout process and avoid the Front Desk line.
- We hope you enjoy your stay! Check out the “Resort Features” page of the Grand Colorado on Peak 8 site for a more in-depth description of the amenities, operating hours, and locations so you and your family can make the most of this unforgettable getaway.