The lighting of Breckenridge is wonderful event that is fun for the whole family. This annual tradition starts on the north end of Main Street at the Subway (305 North Main near the intersection of Main and Watson) and starts with free hot cocoa, cookies and caroling. Traditionally Santa arrives around 5 p.m. to lead the procession down historic Main Street to the Blue River Plaza where he presides over the lighting of the Town Tree.
After the lighting of the Town Tree head across the street to the Barney Ford Museum where Santa will meet with the kids to hear if they have been naughty or nice. This free wonderful family event is not to be missed!
Lighting of Breckenridge Event Schedule:
- 12:00pm: 5:00pm: Kid’s crafts and activities
- 4:00pm: Running of the Santas
- 4:30pm: Free hot cocoa, cookies and caroling.
- 5:00pm: Santa arrives (via horse-drawn carriage) to lead a procession to the Blue River Plaza (South Main and Washington) for the lighting of the Town Tree. All are welcome to join the procession.
- 5:15pm: Tree lighting in the Blue River Plaza.
- 5:30pm: 7:00pm: Visits with Santa! Let the little ones share their holiday wishes with Santa and take a photo, too!
If you would like to plan a trip to Breckenridge, contact Breckenridge Discount Lodging. We are your source for Breckenridge deals, Breckenridge discounts and Breckenridge recreation. Give us a call at toll free1-866-476-2311 or visit www.breckenridgediscountlodging.com.