Looking to spend some time on the water or bask in the mountain sun during your mountain getaway? From boat rentals to stand-up paddleboard (SUP) rentals, there are an abundance of activities that will keep the entire family entertained.
Tag Archive for: Sammy Mazza
Summer is on its way and the rivers are flowing in our majestic high country! Sign up for a wet and wild fun time with Performance Tours Rafting! Whether you would like a relaxing, scenic float or a heart-pumping Class V rapid, Performance Tours has the perfect trip for you.
Summers in Breckenridge are unmatched to anywhere else. With endless activities, longer days and the perfect weather, there are so many reasons to enjoy summer in this unique town.
Mountain Biking is such a fun way to get out and explore all that Breckenridge has to offer. Whether you are an advanced mountain biker or someone who has never done it before, there are plenty of trails for each ability.
The snow is melting and the mountain air is at a perfect temperature to be outside! The Best of Breckenridge team loves to enjoy their spare time outside wandering the trails in and around and in Breckenridge. So, we did our research in the office and asked everyone to share their favorites. Here’s what we found… the office really knows how to adventure out into the wilderness.
Spring in the mountains is such a majestic time! There are endless bluebird days, longer days in the sunshine and warmer spring skiing weather! Don’t get caught being unprepared! When planning for a spectacular ski vacation to Breckenridge, excitement is going to snowstorm your mind when it comes to thinking of everything you need to pack. Don’t fret; we have put together the perfect ski vacation packing guide for you!
- Base Layers – If you hate being cold and having shivers, make sure you don’t cheap out on thermals. If you are in the market for new thermals or didn’t pack the best ones, make sure you stop by Mountain Outfitters, North Face, or REI. Base layers could possibly make or break your ski vacation, so make sure you get good ones!
- Socks – Cold feet — one of the worst things to endeavor while spending the day on the mountain. Avoid cold feet and make sure to pack extra warm socks. If you forgot to pack those fuzzy warm socks, stop in Joy of Sox on Main Street! They will hook you up with warm and fashionable socks of all different sizes.
- Outerwear – You are going to want to pack your warmest winter jacket and ski pants. The weather in the mountains is very unpredictable, you may have a bluebird day, or you may be in a winter snowglobe! Make sure you are prepared for all weather by packing your best winter jacket and ski pants.
- Goggles – By far, the most critical factor on the mountain is your ability to see. Goggles will protect your eyes from the sun’s glare on the snow but also protect your eye while zooming down the mountain in a winter wonderland.
- Ski Pass/Tickets – Want first chair and fresh tracks? That powder isn’t going to last forever. To avoid the ticket office lines and the stress, ensure that you have your lift tickets or season pass.
On the Mountain
- Skis, ski poles, snowboard – These may be the most important things to remember. As your mind is in a whirlwind, it might slip your mind. Avoid the hassles and headaches of dealing with the airlines and simplify the way you travel! Ship Skis can arrange door-to-door transportation of your ski gear and luggage from anywhere in the world in just minutes.
- Boots – Don’t ruin that perfect day on the mountain by forgetting your boots. Pro Tip: keep your boots next to the heater or fireplace so they’re nice and toasty when you put them on.
- Helmet – Protect your noggin! If you find yourself forgetting your helmet, stop by Craniologie in Breckenridge to pick up a helmet. They also offer goggles if you are looking for the entire setup!
Wanting to try skiing or snowboarding for the first time and don’t have your own equipment, or don’t want the hassle of packing your own equipment. Don’t worry — here are a few places that rent everything you need to make the most memorable ski vacation!
Things you may Overlook
- Bathing Suit – After you just got done spending the best day shredding on the mountain, soaking in the hot tub to let your muscles relax sounds GREAT! There is no better feeling than sitting in the hot tub with the cold crisp air hitting your shoulders while the rest of your body soaks! While running through all the things you have to pack, make sure your bathing suit is not one of the things that slip your mind.
Uh-oh! It slipped your mind and you left your swimsuit sitting on top of your dresser. A stop by Patagonia or Marmot is now on your itinerary.
- Sunscreen – Breckenridge is located at 9,600 feet, making the sun nearly 40 times stronger than sea level. There is no bigger bummer than getting a ski sunburn on a winter vacation. It could really put a damper on your skiing experience. Make sure you pack eye protection with UVB protection and sunscreen.
Forget your sunscreen? Swing by your resort spa or market to pick some up! If you find yourself in need of some new sunnies, Sun Logic on Main Street is a great place to pick some new ones up!
- Chapstick – No one enjoys having cracked, dry or bleeding lips. You can never have enough chapstick, so be sure to pack a few!
If you find yourself having cracked, dry or bleeding lips, stop by our local City Market and pick up a few. They have a variety of scents and brands to choose from!
- Reusable Water Bottle – Breckenridge is located at a high altitude, and it is essential to stay hydrated! Staying hydrated will help keep altitude sickness at bay and ensure the best ski vacation. Bringing your reusable water bottle helps protect our fragile mountain environment to enjoy for years to come.