The Perfect Day on Main
By Tianna Terrell and Nikki Dickison / June 16, 2021
The perfect day doesn’t exist—it can when you take a stroll down Main Street on a beautiful summer day! A place to gather for drinks and shop for unique finds, Main Street has something for everyone!
- Breakfast at Clint’s Bakery and Coffeehouse
- Start your day with a short walk to Clint’s. There you can find savory and sweet homemade pastries, breakfast sandwiches and delicious coffee. The main level serves as the primary coffee shop best for to-go items when you are in a hurry; while the downstairs has a sandwich shop with endless add-ons and combinations to choose from.
- Explore the Stores on Main
- Once you finish your savory breakfast, head down Main and explore the local shops. Joy of Sox, Beloved Boutique, DonLo Mercantile, and Spice & Tea Merchants are just some of my favorites.
- Lunch at Ollie’s Pub & Grub
- From Ollie’s, take a nice stroll through the garden where you will come up to the Riverwalk. Sit on the steps, take in the mountain views, and enjoy the sound of the rapids in the background. If you’re lucky, you just might even run into some live music playing in the courtyard or even on the rocks in the middle of the river!
- Rocky Mountain Underground
- RMU, a local’s favorite, is the spot to be after a long day of shopping and walking the town! Enjoy a beer or a cocktail on the back patio and listen to some more live music! Like many bars and restaurants with outdoor seating, you will be sure to see at least one dog there!
- Intimate Dinner
- Some of my favorites are Aurum and Twist—they will be sure to awaken some of your tastebuds you never thought you had! Their cocktails and ambiance are to die for, paired with with a modern flare makes it even better.
- Want something a little more classic? Try out Hearthstone, Briar Rose Chophouse or Motherloaded! They have mouthwatering, hearty meals that will leave you feeling full and happy.
- On the lighter side? Check out Piante Pizzeria or Sancho’s Tacos… I know what you’re thinking…pizza and tacos are light?! Piante has a way of creating delectable and light vegan pizzas that truly taste completely non-vegan (take it from me—definitely not vegan and love cheese). Sanchos also creates delicious street tacos that are handmade with fresh ingredients that will make you feel like you are south of the border.
- Dessert at Mimi & Pin Churros and Waffles
- After some cold drinks and live music, head over to Mimi & Pin’s to enjoy authentic churros made from scratch! The at home feel you get when you walk into this shop, makes for the perfect spot to debrief after an exciting day on Main!
- Need a night cap?
- Check out Après and Aurum! Between Aurum’s appetizers and Après’ drinks, you will be sure to find something on the menu that fits your taste!
- Breckenridge Tap House and Broken Compass Brewery are two of my favorites and are both fun spots to hang out in more casual settings.
- Feeling clubby?
- Hop on over to Gold Pan Saloon. By day, Gold Pan will take you back in time to the 1800’s when miners would get a drink at the local watering hole. The bar is over 140 years old! By night, it TRANSFORMS into a fun club where you can dance next to a DJ and let loose!
- Cecilia’s Nightclub and Brooklyn’s Tavern & Billiards are also fun spots to dance around with your friends and really top off the evening!