Easter Weekend marks the onset of spring, which might make you think that ski season’s end is near. But, as we type this, one of the biggest blizzards of the season is thumping down on the Town of Breck, and we can’t wait to hop around in some POW. Celebrating Easter in Breckenridge might just be the most egg-cellent decision you make this year. The family can still enjoy traditions such as decorating eggs, eating delicious candy and filling bouquets with lilies while forming new customs like skiing under blue bird skies, slopeside egg hunting and joining in Breck’s Spring Fever festival.
FRIDAY, MARCH 25TH
- Ski with a Ranger at Breckenridge: Treat yourself and/or your family to an hour long lesson from a Volunteer Ranger on Peak 7 at the top of the Independence SuperChair at 11am. All you need is your lift ticket and intermediate skiing abilities. The US Forest Service, Friends of Dillon Ranger District and Breckenridge Ski Resort put this on free of charge!
- Cupcakes & Canvases: At the River Run Village in Keystone, an après party featuring an hour of cupcakes, canvases, art supplies and creative coaching will result in a happy family from 5pm to 6pm.
- Live Music at The Motherloaded Tavern: Thump your foot to the hippity hoppity beats of John Woodall and the Hollywood Farmers at MLT in Breckenridge. The festivities start at 5pm and run until 8pm. We recommend ordering some magic bacon and tots while you jam.
SATURDAY, MARCH 26TH
- Free Watercolor Fiesta: Local artists are offering free workshops in the Breckenridge Arts District from 4pm – 7pm, featuring tutorials on creating mini-watercolor paintings. For more details on this cultural workshop that is fun for the whole family, email Mauricio.
- The Jerseys Sing the Four Seasons and more: From 7pm to 9pm at the Riverwalk Center in Breck, The Jerseys will be serenading spectators with familiar tunes that’ll have the whole family dancing.
SUNDAY, MARCH 27TH
- Sunrise On-Mountain Easter Service: Hop on over to the Quicksilver SuperChair at the base of Peak 9 for a free ride up the mountain to rejoice in a breathtaking sunrise service like you’ve never experienced before. The lift loads at 6am and service runs at Ten Mile Station from 6:30am to 7:15am.
- On Mountain Kids’ Easter Egg Hunt: Taking place on both Peak 8 and Peak 9 at 9:30am, children ages 10 and younger get their shot at finding as many hidden eggs as they can. For the even littler ones, at 10am kiddos ages 3 and under can also hunt for the Easter Bunny’s hidden eggs in a fenced in area near Chair 5. Don’t forget to find the Easter Bunny and take pictures with him!
Feeling egg-cited? You should be! Duck out of your usual Easter routine; hunt down your peeps, find some pastel baskets and come find your sweet spot in Breck. The best lodging deals in town can be found at Breckenridge Discount Lodging. We’re looking forward to seeing you in Breckenridge for a hoppy Easter holiday!