While everyone is scrambling to find last minute gifts and fighting holiday traffic at shopping malls, you’re packing your bags to head to the mountains to deck the halls in style. Congratulations! You’re in for some serious fun, and the BOB staff is here to ensure that you make the most out of the winter wonderland known as Breckenridge. Below, we have listed our favorite local festivities to help you celebrate the yuletide like never before.
- A Christmas Story at the Riverwalk: Grab your family and head downtown to the Riverwalk Center at 150 West Adams Avenue to see the classic holiday film, A Christmas Story. View show times and save some money by booking tickets in advance here. Screenings are taking place now and will continue through Wednesday, December 30th. Make sure to check out the family four pack deals offered, by clicking on the link above or calling the box office at (970) 453-0199.
- Christmas Eve church services: Just because you are on vacation doesn’t mean that you can’t continue some holiday traditions. Breckenridge has many churches hosting Christmas and Christmas Eve services. When the service is done, take the family on a stroll through over the bridge towards Main Street to view the Christmas lights. Parents, treat yourself to a free sample at the Tasting Room while the kids gaze at the illuminated trees and play on the park.
- Crafts at the Breckenridge Arts District: The kids will love the impressionist waterscapes and paper towel art workshops taking place on Tuesday, December 29th at the Quandary Antiques Cabin. On Wednesday, December 30th, let your little ones tap into their creative side with the winter tee shirt making and expressive animal mono-print workshops also at the Quandary Antiques Cabin. For more details, click here. Who knows, you might just have a Picasso waiting to be discovered!
- Ice Skating: Aside from their closure on Christmas Day, the Stephen C. West Ice Arena will offer public skating hours for the whole family this week and next! Rentals are available on site, but bring your own skates to save a few bucks. More information can be found here. Multi-day passes are available if you foresee yourselves returning. On your way out of the arena, take a jaunt down to the historic Engine No. 9 on your left as you walk back to Main Street.
- Sledding: After you get the clan bundled up, head over to Carter Park to experience the ultimate sledding spot in town. Bring some sleds, hot cocoa (maybe some Baileys, too) and enjoy watching the kiddos zoom down this spacious hill while you relax on the picnic tables at the bottom. But, why should the kids have all of the fun? Let your inner child out and join in on a sled. The thrill of the ride isn’t the only thing that will leave you breathless; this park is known for some of the most stunning views of Breckenridge in town.
Well, what are you waiting for? It’s time to change into your most ridiculous Holiday sweater, grab your winter boots and gloves, hop in that car and get to Breckenridge. We will meet you at the top of the Carter Park hill for a sled race! Loser has to provide the hot cocoa. The BOB staff would like to wish each and every one of you safe and happy holidays with your loved ones, from our family to yours!