Tag Archive for: Thanksgiving
Are you heading up to Breckenridge this Thanksgiving? The slopes are open, the snow is wonderful, and the weather is beautiful. Check out these events and activities going on this Thanksgiving weekend.
Thursday, Nov 26th:
- Thanksgiving Dinners | All Day | Various Locations | Breckenridge CO
Friday, Nov 27th:
- Ice Skating | 1:15 – 3 pm & 4 – 6 pm | Stephen C. West Ice Arena | 189 Boreas Pass Road, Breckenridge CO
- Late Night at Ready Paint Fire | 7 – 10 pm | Ready Paint Fire | 323 N Main St, Breckenridge CO
- A Christmas Story | 7 pm | Riverwalk Center | 150 W Adams Ave, Breckenridge CO | Prices Vary
Saturday, Nov 28th:
- Holiday Gift Bazaar | 12 – 4 pm | Art Supply Breckenridge |201 S Ridge St, Breckenridge CO
- Silversmithing – Mountain Pendant | 12 – 4 pm | Breckenridge Creative Arts – Hot Shop | 123 S Ridge St, Breckenridge CO | $55
- Canvas Painting Party | 7 – 10 pm | Ready Paint Fire | 323 N Main St, Breckenridge CO | $35
- Under a Blood Red Sky – The U2 Tribute | 7:30 pm | Riverwalk Center |150 W Adams Ave, Breckenridge CO | $30-45
Sunday, Nov 29th:
- Glass Fusing | Any time between 12 – 6 pm | Ready Paint Fire |323 N Main St Breckenridge CO | $35
- Historic Tour | 1:30 – 3 pm | Breckenridge Welcome Center | 203 S Main St, Breckenridge CO | $5-10
Click below for the best lodging deals in Breckenridge over the Holidays!
Thanksgiving is almost here. Have you made plans? Breckenridge is open and snow has been falling! This year we are all hoping for a fast start and the recent snowfall is an encouraging sign. Traditionally Thanksgiving is the perfect time to hone your skills and prepare for the rest of ski season. Although Breckenridge is not 100% open, the crowds are usually low and there is always a decent amount of terrain open even though it’s still pretty early in the season.
Lodging is less expensive than in the regular season as well. Thanksgiving is a great time to try something different than the usual hotel room. There are many different ways to stay in Breckenridge but Thanksgiving is the perfect time to try a condo and bring the family together for a home cooked Thanksgiving dinner in a winter wonderland. Since condos have kitchens and large dining areas, a home cooked meal on a Thanksgiving ski getaway can be a fun vacation idea.
Peaks 7 and 8 are the best areas to base yourself for a Thanksgiving vacation. Peak 8 is open and Peak 7 is usually open by then. If the weather is good (lots of snow!) then Peak 9 will be open as well. The ski area tries its hardest to get as much open as Mother Nature and modern snowmaking will allow. If you do stay in town, stay near the Breck Connect gondola for the easiest access to the slopes.
If you are not interested in a home cooked Thanksgiving meal, never fear! Breckenridge has so many restaurants it can be hard to choose where to eat. Although a few restaurants close on Thanksgiving, many more will be open and offering special Thanksgiving menus. For the most up to date information of this year’s Thanksgiving Dining offers click here.