In a magical town where so much fun is right at your fingertips, it can be easy to overlook the less-known hotspots unless you’re rolling with a Breckenridge local. Luckily, you are! The staff at BOB wants you to have the inside scoop on our favorite hidden gems in Breck.
- BREAKFAST: Salt Creek Steakhouse is one of the best breakfast joints in town, but most visitors aren’t aware of that, since they are renowned for dinner. When the waitlists everywhere else are long, you can always walk over to Salt Creek and wait no longer than ten minutes for one of the most delicious meals to start your day with.
- HAPPY HOUR: The Crown is known as one of the best coffee shops in town, which can sometimes cause patrons to overlook the fact that their happy hour is second to none. With seasonal, crafty cocktails and locally-sourced, creative dishes, you won’t be disappointed.
- DECK/PATIO: Modis is well-known in Breckenridge for their phenomenal happy hour. What most don’t know is that their roof deck is probably the best deck in town. Why not combine both and enjoy happy hour while watching the sunset over the Tenmile Range?
- SKI RUN: Way Out We almost regret typing this as our fingers hit the keys. That is just how sweet the pow stashes are in this zone, days after a storm. But, the best things in life should be shared, so make your way to 6 Chair on Peak 8 and take a looker’s left when unloading from the chair (usually, most people go right to Imperial, which gets tracked out quick). Go through a gate that warns you of expert terrain, as long as you’re experienced enough. All of the runs in this area are fun, but Way Out will be the second to last run you will hit under Snow White after going through the gate. Enjoy!
- ACTIVITY: Fat tire biking is gaining popularity quickly. Fat tires enable mountain biking year round. Unless there’s an epic pow day to be had, most hardcore bikers can be found riding around Breck’s plethora of trails, no matter how much snow there is!
- HIKING: Shock Hill Trail is such a well-kept secret that it is hard to even find a website to link it to! Shock Hill is a well-known community in town, but the lesser-known trail that shares its name can be accessed off Ski Hill Road directly to the right of the gondola prior to entering the community. Take this loop all the way around for some of the most stunning views of Breckenridge, which overlook Cucumber Gulch, all while getting a pretty decent workout from the rolling hills.
ARTS AND ENTERTAINMENT
- MUSIC: The Historic Brown underwent a remarkable remodel, specifically designed for welcoming live music to Breckenridge again. When other music venues in town ceased to be, The Brown took it upon itself to fill that huge musical void. And, by the sounds of it, it will continue to do so for quite some time.
- THEATRE: The Breckenridge Backstage Theatre is the perfect place to catch a live performance such as a musical or play. Get some culture while you’re here! See their website for schedules and pricing.
So, now that you’re in the loop with how to get your Breck on without the crowds, regardless of when you come, it’s time to book your dates. Find the best promotional deals at The Grand Colorado on Peak 8, Grand Lodge on Peak 7 and Grand Timber Lodge.