Are you coming to Breckenridge this weekend? Are you thinking about it? Come celebrate the start of the holiday season with Breckenridge’s annual tradition at the Lighting of Breckenridge. As always Santa will pay Breckenridge a visit and lead a procession down Main Street the Blue River Plaza, where he will proceed over the lighting of the town tree. This event draws thousands and is the perfect family activity. All you need to do is show up at the Subway at the corner of Wellington and Main to follow the precession. There will be treats and hot chocolate, caroling and holiday revelry.
One of the newest additions to the day’s event lineup is the Running of the Santas starting at 4 p.m.. This event is a zany trot down Main Street with hundreds of Santas! The Running of the Santas is open to anyone and you can register here.
Here is the schedule of events for Saturday
- 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Kid’s Craft Activities.
- 4:00 p.m. – Race of The Santa’sin Street.
- 4:45 p.m. – Santa arrives (via horse-drawn carriage) to lead a procession to the Blue River Plaza (South Main and Washington) for the lighting of the Town Tree and the plaza. All are welcome to join the procession.
- 5:15 p.m. – Tree lighting in the Blue River Plaza. The procession will end in the Blue River Plaza.
- 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. – Visits with Santa! Let the little ones share their Christmas wishes with Santa at the Barney Ford Museum Located on Washington Street.
Visit http://www.gobreck.com/events/community-events/victorian-holiday-wonderland for more information.
For the best deals on Breckenridge Lodging visit www.breckenridgediscountlodging.com.