Get Ready for Ski Season!
August 11, 2016 / / by: Karah Kidger
As summer winds down in Breckenridge, there’s still a ton of fun to be had as the town starts gearing up to welcome another incredible winter. Aside from the many celebrations and events going on in Breck over the next couple of months, sales on shred equipment will be at an all-time low. Also, if you’re planning to hit the hill even a couple of times this winter, it’s imperative to secure your season pass soon. We’ve got the best answers to your questions about preparing for the 2016/2017 winter season in Breckenridge and Summit County.
- When should I buy winter gear?
- Sidewalk Sale Days: All along Main Street, sales will be filling the sidewalks of Breckenridge from September 3rd through the 7th. With half price on most merchandise, the summer and winter inventory will be flying off the shelves while supplies last, so we recommend checking out these deals earlier in the weekend. Some businesses with especially sweet deals for skiers and riders include: Carvers Ski Shop, Columbia, Mountain Outfitters, Joy of Sox, Patagonia, Goods Outlet and Vertical Runner, to name a few. Keep an eye out for more details on specific discounts and additional businesses that will be participating over the next few weeks.
- When do the mountains open?
- All dates are projected opening dates: Arapahoe Basin: Oct. 22, 2016; Keystone: Nov. 4, 2016; Breckenridge: Nov. 11, 2016; Vail: Friday, Nov. 18, 2016; Beaver Creek: Wednesday, Nov. 23, 2016
- What kind of pass should I purchase?
- If you plan on shredding more than four days this winter in Colorado, you are better off getting a season pass instead of buying day lift tickets. We recommend the Epic Local pass, but have a few different options below.
- When should I buy my pass?
- The earlier you purchase your season pass, the bigger the discount you’ll receive, along with some “ski-with-a-friend” discounted passes for your family and friends to use. Don’t wait long, because prices are due to increase about $10-$20 around Labor Day, and will steadily continue to increase until sales for season passes end. Season pass sales historically end somewhere between the end of October and November. So, whatever you do, DO NOT wait past the end of October to purchase your season pass, or you might be out of luck!
- If you aren’t ready to splurge on a pass and would rather opt for one, four or seven-day lift ticket packages, just make sure to order them online seven days in advance for the best pricing options at Breckenridge Resort.
Now you’ve got the lowdown on all the details you need to get ready for another amazing winter in the Rockies. We’re looking forward to seeing you up here for some unreal sales over Labor Day in Breckenridge, and, more importantly, on the hill this winter!